Why I m against the current Reservation system

I remember once when I was in class fourth there was an announcement in the class that whoever is SC/ST please come forward. Each one of us where looking to each other and were wondering what is this SC/ST. But there was one  who stood up and went, he filled some form and that was it, we were still not sure what was it. 


Time flew and years passed school was over and yes I was also one of the many who were trying for the prestigious colleges like IIT's (all) and NIT’s (at least some)....and then came the decision of another quota bracket being created of OBC's and verdict said keep the quota as in 9% for 2008 and 18% for 2009 and 27% for 2010 (correct me if I am wrong about the year)..


I was the unlucky one ... yes I was the unlucky one who gave the JEE in the year when the quota was 27% for the OBC's 14+7 for the SC/ST...... And of course I was lucky enough that the Supreme Court had passed the order for quota not to be 50%... the result came and I missed it by a few numbers... but this was not all... Even if I had cleared the cut-off, for sure I would not have secured a good seat.
The cut-off for general was 192, for the OBC it was 170 and I l not even bother to write about the left out bracket...


I am not against the poor backward people but I am against this quota system because it is not bringing equality among us, but it is bringing inequality...


I’m against the system where one case can be referred for the entire caste... Recently this guy Rohith committed suicide and the next day I read the headline “DALIT BOY COMMITS SUICIDE"...

WTF!!! I just want to ask these guys would they cry foul when a general category boy commits suicide in Kota just because he cannot keep up with the standard, isn't the reservation responsible for his death... I have seen the general category guys sweating like hell and at the same place the other guys take it way too lightly....

Chalo even this phase is over, I get into a college via AIEEE and when I reach there I was surprised by the ranks of some people which i confused with mobile number but ofcourse they had a digit less to be a mobile number... I just ask if you call them backwards just because there particular caste were at the receiving end when our ancestors were busy ruling and fighting for their states or performing pujas...How come I’m responsible for what my ancestors did. Were all general category people rich and were from a well to do family. 


And then comes the part where they get an amount per semester and yes they were not using it to pay their fees, because their parents had already paid it and i had taken educational loans which I’m repaying till date...


I’m just bringing a case here... a friend of mine (no ill feelings buddy) was Richie rich, His father had some flourishing business, he almost scored the same number as me, he graduated from an IIT and now is one of the few for whom the government spent so much and now he like the crowd is busy thinking about some start-up.
Another case, the boy fails in maths, yes I l mention it again MATHEMATICS in class 12th, manages to pass through comp. and drops a year just manages to score bare minimum for the preparatory course of IIT... tell me a bigger joke than this... and we say IIT is a place where the best minds go...

I have known people who themselves are from reserved category but the moment they know that the doctor they are going to visit is from the reserved category they stop going to him. Will there be no guy from the reservation category who will be brilliant ? For sure there will be some, though there is a high probability that there credibility will be questioned at each step; like a burden of the reservation their caste enjoyed.


I think the people who have already taken help of quota system are the only one raising from generation to generation, the street side cobbler is still a cobbler, the roadside barber is still a barber, and the hard working tribal is still pulling the carts... 


People who hold good post in government sector have had the benefit of using this system to their advantage. And when something goes wrong inspite of taking responsibility they become victim by playing the Dalit card


Politicians may come, Politicians may go 
But they all will keep playing with the caste card to divide us the common man...
shayad uss kursi mein hi kuch khot hai...


I am proud to be working in an organization where there are no Hindus; there are no Muslims, no Christians, no Sikhs...
No General category, no OBC, no SC/ST...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a short trip to Kasauli (कसौली )

Harmandir Sahib (Temple of God)

“A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away"

वो पल

A trek to KHEERGANGA.....