When he fell in Love.....




I looked up and smiled, this embarrassment was good I thought...

There are moments when you suddenly remember an incident which forces you to double check it.
This girl sat next to me and just when the flight was about to take off and suddenly she clasped her hands on the arm rest and somehow it touched my hand. I slowly and steadily tried getting my hand off the place. 

It was in the fourth year, I had not seen Gaurav for the last two days and that too a weekend. 

There’s was sudden knock at my door.
“Dude!! Open the door”

I knew it was Gaurav, taking my own sweet i opened my room and asked him sarcastically “ Kaha se aarha hai tu” with a sly smile on my face.

A characteristic which is very common to all friends. A guy meets a girl and his friends decide on his marriage, children and his future with the girl. I would say we are too caring for our friends. 

He almost barged in my room and said “Dude!!! I want to talk to you”

“What is it? Can it hold till I get dressed as such you were invisible for the entire weekend” again with that irritating bro code smile.

“Quick! I m waiting” he showed no interest in my smiles, he had a thing to discuss after all.

“Hold on!! I will be right back”

We started off for the college in five minutes and he gabbed ..

“It’s about Kalpana, I know you pull my leg every single time, but when I ask you for advice, it seems it’s of least interest to you” He blabbered the entire line at such a pace that would give Nana Patekar a run for his money.

“It’s not about that. I don't even have a girlfriend” I felt that importance, the importance each bro feels as if the future of his future wife hangs on his suggestions.

“Btw, you took her out for a movie yesterday and day before you went for shopping too” I told him straight. I had heard the tattletale from our common friends.

“I knew you guys would know, but I wanted someone’s advice about it. I do feel we are in a relationship sometimes” he finally yapped.

“Nothings as such… You should stop seeing her, the college is about to be over in  a fortnight and I am not even sure you guys will ever meet again… that’s my advice…”

“That’s the reason I don’t discuss it with you all” he resonates the same old line at the end of these conversations. 

We had already reached the library to submit our semester books. As we were submitting the book the lady librarian on the phone asked someone at the other end 
"Khana khaya Liya tumne?" 

“No ma’am, will have it after we go back” Gaurav answered in response without even thinking she was talking to someone else. 

The librarian was a bit surprised at the answer but somehow managed it without laughing, but the it was story to talk about for rest of the day. I knew this lad was in love for sure.

Just as we were walking out of the library, I saw Kalpana walking towards us with a smile. My heart skipped a beat on the thought of  “Are they really in love!!!” 

“Hey Gaurav, hi Mayank” waving a hand to me.

“Hi Kalpana! Where were you? I gave you a call a while ago” Gaurav started off

“I wanted to tell you this, but somehow I wanted to be sure about it” she quipped in between.

“About what?” He replied and looked at me so as to give a signal to walk off.

“Oh! sorry I will leave you two alone” I quickly tried to march off.

“No wait, I wanted to tell this to all of you” she stopped me

“Actually for the last couple of months, there were talks about my marriage at my home, there’s a childhood friend of mine, his parents had started the talks, he lives in UK, works there in a software company. I was quite tensed, but this morning everything has been cleared, this weekend was really tough. Thanx Gaurav for helping me through it.”

Pin drop silence…..

“Congratulations, Kalpana…” I wished her and took one hand of Gaurav and walked away towards the hostel. I knew this was going to be hard for Gaurav..

Suddenly the girl sitting next to me calls out to me “ Mayank Babu, kaha kho Gaye”...

Without thinking about anything I asked her “Are you going to meet your fiancé/boyfriend”

“Haha, not really!!! I am on solo trip to Europe, I m not engaged" Raksha laughed off..

I felt a bit embarrassed now, but then, i was sure Deja Vu won't happen here.



For the previous story check the link https://aarkays14.blogspot.in/2017/07/the-trip.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a short trip to Kasauli (कसौली )

Harmandir Sahib (Temple of God)

“A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away"

वो पल

A trek to KHEERGANGA.....