When I went on a Date...


Golden temple is one such place where the crowd is never ending, but today it was too crowded. It had to be, Purnima nights are always hell packed. I had come to this place almost a thousand times by now and always wished to say no to friend who visited me but I had to bring them here anyhow. I was standing after putting my shoes on the rack and waited for Aditi. I heard a thud, a man had fainted just behind us. It was hard to make out what really happened, just then Aditi made her move and the next thing I saw, she was near the guy checking his pulse and I knew the oath that every doctor takes has already overpowered here.

I closed in along with her.

The lad must be in his early thirties or say late twenties, how does it matter really 

“Please! Make way... I am a doctor. Let me take a look at him!” I heard her loud noise and all the calculation about the age of this lad went out the window.

she started with the pulse, to be frank he seemed too normal to me, just the dope face. Small beads of sweat, not an inch of whiteness on his face. I was about to ask her “let’s move, he is ok”

But she was already through with her next question. “Do you feel any pain in your chest?”

“No,” he nodded, why would he say yes I was thinking, he was just acting. The moment I was about to ask her again, she started off again. 
“Have you ever fainted before?” she questioned him methodically. “Yup, while standing for the lectures during assembly” I thought

“No...” he simply nodded. I killed the idea of asking “lets go” this time the moment it came to mind. And this time, I was happy about my decision to stay mum.

“Did you eat this morning?” I was wondering, did she even ask me this…
“No,” he answered, the crowd had almost vanished now, I was the one holding this 100kg garbage and we were asking him some wayward questions. But then, I didn’t ask her to go this time, rather I was waiting for next question.

“Okay... Don't worry. This might just be a low sugar situation. Drink this...” Did she just offer him the soft drink I was carrying to help me with the heat. 

“Your body needs sugar right now... You are very likely running low on blood sugar.” The knowledge was oozing out, the oath had done its duty. 

He seemed perfectly ok now, he got up and said “thankyou ma’am, I will eat something and will keep that in my mind to eat and move out from now onwards.”. I was about to say “ You should  bloody well do it.

“You should...." she stopped after seeing my face and quickly concluded "I should leave now, u will be fine now” finally those golden words from her. 

"Yes...” I almost blabbered let’s move yaar. Helped him while standing and he gave me a "hug" which wasn't required and left

“Get something to eat, alright?” she was sounding annoying now. I would not dare to tell her this.

“ Thank You”
“That's alright... I am glad I could help!” she was over extending her stay now, I would have strayed away, I stood my ground just for the fact that I liked her.

I'll tell you these one sided affair kills us so often and top of it, I thought it as a Date. Finally we walked into the golden temple 

“It was wonderful, let’s go and have something in that restaurant” she started off the moment we came out.

We reached the restaurant. She ordered a kulcha and I order a lassi. We talked for a while. I was looking at her and was thinking “ My God!!! She is beautiful “.

The waiter brought the bill. I had told her not bring her purse as it was too crowded to carry around,  as I reached for my wallet BOOM!!!! I was shocked ... It was missing. I knew I had felt something while that guy gave me a "Hug"....
He had pickpocketed me…….
I looked at her blankly and she looked amused……

Plz do comment about it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a short trip to Kasauli (कसौली )

Harmandir Sahib (Temple of God)

“A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away"

वो पल

A trek to KHEERGANGA.....